Sunday, September 20, 2009

and then i made a brand new friend and in the discovery period it came to be known that he was the giantest cowboys fan of all time next only to my little brother! well, we were already friends and thankfully football season was over by then, so we just kept on friending along and then it got down here towards fall and i had to make a promise and the promise was that i would be a cowboys fan....if i would do it, then i could take my little brother to an actual game in that new "sexy ass" stadium at some point in the next 30 years. it would heal a lifetime of misery. i couldn't say no....(and honestly, who doesn't want to go into that stadium which really, really is a sexy ass one too?) oddly, as all this promising was happening, i was in search of a new cat and going around arranging meetings for me and my dog and looking in cages at all kinds of faces until i finally saw the face i wanted---i knew i would know it when i saw it---and then there he was. i pulled him out of his cage and loved on him and looked over at the info taped to the outside of his cage which said his name was "DALLAS" and he was found outside a mental health facility. SERENDIPITY! my fate was sealed. i knew i would be a lifelong fan of dallas. still, as we approach the last hour before the cowboys play my former beloved giants, it's hard for me to make the switch. yes, as my 7 year old friend told me with his hand over his forehead at breakfast this morning: it's for a FRIEND! yes, and it's for my brother too. but the picking of the giants was for me and that's saying something. i caught a bit of the bills and the bucs playing. that buffalo sure looked awful cute on their helmets. and i am the biggest fan of the dead weather song: cut like a buffalo.....maybe i can just be for the bills now.

No comments:

Post a Comment